05 Apr Now recruiting: Marketing Co-ordinator
Block are searching for an enthusiastic and passionate marketing co-ordinator.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dedicated and creative studio based in a beautiful part of Cornwall linked by a direct rail service to London.
We are a small passionate team and we work both independently and collaboratively, this is an exciting time to join a rapidly expanding business.
This is a very creative role, the successful candidate needs to understand the ‘Block’ brand and be able to convey our story.
Block was formed in 2000 by designer Tara Ashe, whose purpose was to bring colour to the fore of intelligent product design.
Block is now internationally represented in stores varying from The Conran Shop, MoMA New York and the Royal Academy in London.
We are a passionate, ambitious and conscientious team. Our design studio is located in a converted Forge on the edge of the Port Eliot Estate on the Cornwall /Devon Border at St Germans, with great access being a few minutes’ walk from the train station and just off the main A38.
- Develop a strong marketing strategy, monitor and report on it monthly
- Achieve the marketing targets (direct and indirect agreed on at the start of the financial year (this will be done on a monthly basis)
- Create a strong and lasting relationship with press, bloggers and indentify potential collaborators to build the ‘block story’
- Manage the website and create campaigns based on sales strategies including email shots, competitions etc
- To implement and monitor seo and monitor web activity.
- Liaise with the sales and design team to write a weekly blog and Implement a social media strategy
- Attend UK and international trade shows and events to generate press interest and increase market knowledge.
- Image management, organising photo shoots, styling the shots and being responsible for how our customers use these images
- Work with the design team to launch successful products and help them build the product story throughout the design process which will lead to the product copy and how the product is marketed
- Manage the marketing activities related to trade shows, image management, working with Pr companies and producing press packs, you will also be closely involved in the stand design
- Manage our advertising, create adverts with the help of the design team and monitor them to measure their success.
- Attend weekly design meetings, your knowledge on the products and the marketing of new products will be invaluable.
Marketing Co-ordinator: skills, qualifications and attributes
Qualifications: to degree or equivalent
Experience: marketing experience is essential, minimum of one year; industry experience would be a strong advantage
Knowledge & skills: Demonstrable traditional, digital marketing and PR experience within a creative sector industry. Ability to research and identify new market opportunities. Ability to project manage marketing campaigns
Personal attributes: Excellent communication skills at all levels, both written and spoken; good organisational skills with timely follow through and ability to manage own time well. Ability to work as fully contributing member of team whilst at the same time being self motivating and self reliant; a passion for design and creativity
Special conditions: the post holder will be office based but will be required to travel to visit UK customers and attend international trade shows
For further information and to apply
Please apply on-line via https://jobs.unlocking-potential.co.uk/job/marketing-coordinator-1979.htm by attaching your CV and a formal covering letter, outlining why you feel you are suitable for the role. Please state in your letter the place where you first heard of this vacancy.
Closing date for applications
10th April 2017